Find/Change My Primary Care Manager (2024)

What is a primary care manager (PCM)?

All TRICARE Prime enrollees select or are assigned a PCM. Your PCM is responsible for providing you with all routine, non-emergency, and urgent health care.

  • Your PCM can be a military or civilian network provider.
  • Your PCM accepts your copaymentA fixed dollar amount you may pay for a covered health care service or drug.. They’ll also file claims for you.
  • If your PCM isn’t able to provide your care, they’ll refer you to a specialist.

If you don't get a referral from your PCM, your care will be under thepoint-of-service (POS) option. By using the POS option, you’ll pay higher out-of-pocket-costs. The POS option has its own deductible which doesn't count toward your annual catastrophic cap.

You may request to change your PCM at any time. Your request:

  • Must comply with guidelines at the local military hospital or clinic.
  • May take up to 6 days to confirm.

US Family Health Plan (USFHP)

If you're enrolled in the USFHP, you may have a PCM or primary care provider (PCP). A PCP is the same as a PCM. USFHP members can't enroll at a military hospital or clinic, and don't see military PCMs.

TRICARE Prime Overseas

If you’re overseas and stationed at a military installation that has a military hospital or clinic, you’re assigned to a PCM where you are required to get most of your medical care. Your PCM refers you to a specialist for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization, when needed.

>>Visit theTRICARE Prime Overseaspage to learn more.

How Do I Find Out Who My PCM Is?

Log in to theBeneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)via milConnect and follow the steps below:

  1. Click the "Benefits" menu.
  2. Click the "Beneficiary Web Enrollment" option.
  3. Click the "Medical Enrollments" tab. Your PCM information displays.

You may also call yourregional contractor. Only TRICARE Prime enrollees have PCMs.

Do You Want to Find a New PCM?

If you’re a TRICARE Prime enrollee, you can search your region's provider directory if you want to find a new PCM. You should call first to see if they’re accepting new patients.

  • East RegionAlabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Provider Directory:Humana Military
  • West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Provider Directory:Health Net
  • USFHP Providers

How to Change Your PCM

You can change your PCM either by phone, online, or by mail. See steps below:

How Steps
  • Go to themilConnectwebsite.
  • Click on the blue "Sign In" button at the top of the page.
  • Go to the Family Members list and select whose PCM you want to change.
  • On the Medical Enrollments tab, select the "Change PCM" button.
    • Learn more aboutBeneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)
  • On the “Change PCM” page, select the reason you want to change your PCM.
  • On the “Change PCM - Select Provider Type” page, select a provider type.
  • On the “Change PCM - Search for a PCM” page, enter search criteria and then select Search.
  • On the “Change PCM - Assign a PCM” page, select the PCM you want.
  • On the “Change PCM - Confirm PCM Changes” page, confirm the details.
By Mail

You may mail a “TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment and PCM Change Form” with the new PCM's name and address to your regional contractor. The mailing address is found on Page 3 of the form. You only need to complete the part of the form related to the PCM change. Use the form associated with your plan below.

The change is effective when your regional contractor processes the PCM change. Make sure your regional contractor has changed your PCM by visiting milConnect. You can also find your new PCM’s telephone number on milConnect.

Note: TRICARE enrollment cards are no longer on milConnect or sent through US mail. To receive services:

  • Show providers your military-issued family ID
  • Tell providers you are enrolled in TRICARE
By Phone

Call your Regional Contractor

  • East Region: Humana Military (1-800-444-5445)
  • West Region: Health Net (1-844-866-9378)

If you’re a USFHP Member, Call your Designated Provider

  • USFHP Designated Providers:
    • Brighton Marine Health Center (1-800-818-8589)
    • CHRISTUS Health (1-800-678-7347)
    • Johns Hopkins Medicine (1-800-808-7347)
    • Martin's Point Health Care (1-888-674-8734)
    • Pacific Medical Centers (1-800-585-5883, option 2)
    • Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (1-800-241-4848)

Last Updated 11/29/2023

Find/Change My Primary Care Manager (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Prof. An Powlowski

Last Updated:

Views: 5738

Rating: 4.3 / 5 (64 voted)

Reviews: 87% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Prof. An Powlowski

Birthday: 1992-09-29

Address: Apt. 994 8891 Orval Hill, Brittnyburgh, AZ 41023-0398

Phone: +26417467956738

Job: District Marketing Strategist

Hobby: Embroidery, Bodybuilding, Motor sports, Amateur radio, Wood carving, Whittling, Air sports

Introduction: My name is Prof. An Powlowski, I am a charming, helpful, attractive, good, graceful, thoughtful, vast person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.